March 24, 2020
We are in unprecedented times. Origin Title and Escrow, Inc is very concerned of the health risks to staff and clients posed by the novel Corona virus pandemic. We are not cancelling closings, but we are taking several precautions to protect staff and anyone that comes to our office.
FINANCIAL SECTOR DEEMED CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECTOR BY DHS
According to the Department of the Treasury, "The Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce for the financial services sector includes workers who are needed to process and maintain systems for processing financial transactions and services, such as clearing and settlement services, wholesale funding, insurance services, and capital markets activities..." See the memorandum here.
FOR REAL ESTATE AGENTS AND LOAN OFFICERS
- Please do not plan to attend the closing
FOR BUYERS AND SELLERS
- To limit contact as much as possible, we will schedule separate appointments
- Expect a visitor questionnaire from our office when your closing is scheduled
We have implemented the CDC’s recommendations and here is a brief summary of our actions:
- The waiting room has a supply of hand sanitizer (and the building has a supply in the lobby also).
- We are scheduling more time between closings in order to clean the room and limit the number of people in the office.
- The conference room is wiped down with disinfectant after each signing.
- Any staff member with a connection to a person diagnosed or in quarantine with COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is directed to stay home.
- Any staff member exhibiting any signs of illness are not allowed to come to work.
- Any client exhibiting symptoms or who has had contact with a person exhibiting symptoms will be re-scheduled or required to make other arrangements.
- We are limited physical contact with clients and the public. (No handshakes).
- Following the recommendations from OSHA, staff washes their hands frequently and uses hand sanitizer in the office.
- Clients/borrowers/sellers who are high-risk will be re-scheduled or make other arrangements to have documents signed remotely. (Risks include older age; presence of chronic medical conditions, including immunocompromising conditions; pregnancy).
- Waiving any fees for accommodating buyers’ and sellers’ needs.
We are committed to providing the safest environment possible. As of March 20, the Council of Superior Court Clerks for the State of Georgia has pledged to make real estate records accessible in all 159 counties - whether through courthouse access or digital access. Timing may be extended slightly, but we should be able to get what is needed.
Please call or e-mail us with any questions or concerns. We share your concerns about the new virus and are doing everything we can to mitigate the risk.
Real Estate Transactions
Purchase | Refinance | Reverse Mortgage | Commercial Property
Competent and efficient property loan closings since 2003
Choose Origin Title & Escrow
Excitement and adventure are not what you or your client want in the real estate closing process. That’s why Origin Title and Escrow has developed an online Closing Cost Calculator and ensures all parties are aware and informed of closing file status at all times — so everyone knows about issues that may be holding up the process. You save time, aggravation and surprises.
Downtown Decatur location for purchases. For refinances, we'll travel to you.
Real estate closings and title searches are all we do.
Set fees for title search and closings, based on loan type.
We understand the special requirements and documents required and can easily explain.
Ask How Origin Title Can Make Your Next Closing Easy.
Closing Attorney John Bennett and his team understand the concerns and the interests of every party at the closing table.
The Best Closing Team Around
Origin Title handles real estate transactions – purchases, refinances, reverse mortgages – quickly and professionally. There will be no surprises, nothing misunderstood. Title searches are thorough and well-reasoned, to avoid unpleasant surprises later on.
Are You Purchasing Your First Home?
Get the basics on what a closing attorney does and why title insurance is important.