Real estate and property law since 2003
An Attorney is Required
- Anyone selling, conveying, obtaining a reverse mortgage, or refinancing real estate in Georgia needs an attorney to conduct the closing.
- Conducting the closing is more than witnessing and notarizing documents at the closing table. It requires the attorney to review the closing and title documents, prepare the settlement statement, and collect and disburse funds through an attorney escrow account.
- An attorney is required even when buying real estate from a bank or lender, selling the property by owner, obtaining a reverse mortgage, or refinancing an existing loan on the property.
- Estate and probate attorneys working with administrators or executors need a real estate attorney to transfer real property from an estate to heirs or buyers. Estate attorneys also often need to get a title search to show how title to certain properties vest.
- Commercial Real Estate Attorneys need a reliable and quick title company to provide accurate title reports and to mark up title commitments at closing.
- General practitioners often prefer to be the agent conducting the signing part of the real estate closing. Having an experienced real estate attorney prepare the closing disclosure, write the title insurance, disburse funds, and review title can keep the trust of their clients and help them make sure their settlement is done properly.
Loan Closing Locations
- Purchase settlements can be performed in our office or yours
- Residential refinances can be handled after-hours and remotely — at the borrower’s home or office — anywhere in the Metro Atlanta area
The Origin Title & Escrow Team
CLOSING ATTORNEY JOHN BENNETT AND HIS TEAM UNDERSTAND THE CONCERNS AND THE INTERESTS OF EVERY PARTY AT THE CLOSING TABLE.
Origin Title: Approved Attorney
These are a few of the more than 45 lenders who have approved Origin Title for residential loan closings on their behalf.
Download the Origin Title Lender Approved List
Origin Title ~ Body of Work
Since 2003, John C. Bennett has performed thousands of closings.