An attorney is required to sell, refinance or obtain a reverse mortgage on any residential real estate in Georgia.
There are thousands of attorneys in Atlanta — but few who specialize in real estate transactions.
When it is time to choose a closing attorney, we recommend:
- Choosing an attorney who has experience with real estate transactions
- Getting all the title, settlement and attorney fees up-front
- Looking at Section C on the Closing Disclosure for full disclosure of title and attorney fees.
- Checking Section H on the Closing Disclosure for the cost of the owner’s title policy, if the transaction is a purchase.
- Knowing who the attorney will be and how the closing will be scheduled. If you have any title questions, the easiest thing to do is simply call the closing attorney.
Are there advantages to working with Origin Title & Escrow, Inc? Yes!
- Experience. Each person at Origin Title has over ten years experience in real estate. We only handle title and real estate work.
- Fees. In today’s market, costs play an increased role in choosing a closing attorney. Origin Title’s online Closing Cost Calculator provides a quick, accurate quote for title fees that makes it easy to compare with other firms.
- Convenience. Clients can schedule the closing online.
- Constant Communication. It is important for lenders, agents, buyers, and sellers to be able to ask the closing attorney questions. Instead of having a delay due to ‘title issues’, we keep clients informed on what is happening with the file. Most title issues can be cleared quickly.
- Completing Files. There is no need to wait six months to get a title policy or recorded document. Origin Title minimizes the wait by filing documents in a timely manner and getting the policy completed as soon as possible. The county recording department may take some time to get the document recorded, however.